|Concept sketch in ink and watercolor for a story I wrote but never finished illustrating.|
Music won out, but my studio hadn't changed to reflect the redirection of my efforts. A lot of my art stuff sat around unused along with psychology and rhetoric textbooks that got little more than the occasional glance. I decided it was about time to reorganize my studio to be more streamlined for the music work I was doing. Over the next few weeks, I'll be posting pictures of the slow, messy transformation. Looking at the old pictures now, the change wasn't as dramatic as I thought it'd be, but hopefully my productivity will be.
|The before picture.|
As you can tell from the cracked windows and tower fan, it was still hot when I started the mini-rennovation (which is my way of saying my studio usually isn't this messy). In this picture, I'd already begun dismantling my sound system (seen on the bed). At the bottom, you'll see two keyboards. They were used in a failed attempt to save a dying desktop that has since been salvaged for parts and pitched. And so it began.
Next week: Moving books and desks.