Friday, December 28, 2012

VIDEO POSTED: Watch Me Butcher ... "Valerie" by Amy Winehouse

Wow, it's been over a year since I posted my last Watch Me Butcher ... cover video. For those unfamiliar, Watch Me Butcher ... is a tongue-in-cheek series of mostly-cliched cover videos where I do silly vocal harmonies and point out all the mistakes I make. It started as a way for me to get familiar with Audacity and iMovie '09 but turned out to be moderately successful in its own right. 


In the lengthy YouTube descriptions, I take the role of a bitter, excessively self-deprecating musician and also provide tabs and lyrics for those who want to learn the songs. The original intent was to only cover easy songs that only required a few chords. Without further ado, here's the video.








The style was inspired by the way my good friend, Carl Pfanstiehl covers the song. I just put shameless vocal harmonies behind it in a way I'll never get to perform live. And for you gear heads:


Guitar: Martin GPCPA4
Pickup: K&K Mini Pure
Preamp: Radial Tonebone PZ-Pre
Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3
Mic: M-Audio Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment