Friday, December 21, 2012

New video! "Tadpoles & Ice Cream"



It's just like me to wait until the end of the world to record and upload some of those new tunes I've been claiming to have. Well, wait no further! After countless attempts to get my new music recorded, I finally found a setup and configuration that is a marked improvement from previous efforts. Let me know what you think!


I began writing this piece in the summer of 2012 when I was on a beach vacation with some friends. A hurricane hit as we entered the town of Salvo, NC. By the time we reached the beach home, our driveway had ankle-deep water. The next morning, we walked out to find hundreds of tadpoles covering our cars, an unexpected sight indeed! It rained throughout the vacation, and we made frequent trips to the local ice cream shop. This piece is dedicated to ridiculous yet fun time I had with those friends.


"Tadpoles & Ice Cream" is also one of a small handful of new tunes that utilize multiple capos as well as live de-capoing and re-capoing. I wanted to write something that was sweet, melodic, and percussive at the same time. I love how smoothly the music transitions between standard style and over-the-neck style fretwork as well as the two-handed playing. It's always a lot of fun to play!



For you gear heads, this also marks the video debut of my new guitar, a Martin GPCPA4 equipped with a K&K MiniPure pickup, Gold Grover 502 locking tuners, and a John Pearse armrest. I'll be writing about the guitar in a separate blog post some time next year. More info about what I used is posted at the bottom.

Until next time, be well!

Henry "Sheltered Turtle"



Gear List:
Guitar: Martin GPCPA4 (John Pearse armrest & Grover 502 tuners)
Strings: D'Addario EJ-17
Pickup: K&K Pure Mini
Preamp: Radial Tonebone PZ-Pre

Camera: Panasonic DMC-ZS3
Video Program: Adobe Premiere CS6
DAW: Garageband
Mic: M-Audio Nova
Interface: M-Audio Mobile Pre USB


No comments:

Post a Comment