Monday, June 6, 2011

Past, Present, and Future.

The end of May saw to a healthy amount of gigs taking me to Philadelphia, Rockville, Bethesda, Ellicott City, Washington DC, and Baltimore.  I've been playing with a lot of great musicians which made all of the shows a lot of fun even despite illness.  As much as I enjoy solo work, my true love is in ensemble work.  That said, I've been writing and refining much of my piano ensemble work for release in the future.  A handful of the people I've been working with are pushing ahead to get a jazz/funk quartet going.  Should be fun!



Believe it or not, I've been working on yet ANOTHER website that looks SO much more professional than the one I currently have.  It's been expensive and incredibly time-consuming getting it off the ground, but by the time it launches, I'll have a decent infrastructure upon which to lean and do more performances!


Additionally, I've been spending a lot of time with my sketchbook, drawing pads, and watercolors to come up with a new logo after reading up on several articles and a couple of textbooks on the principles of graphic design and digital art (I'm pretty old school when it comes to art).  It's been a difficult process picking it up as I go, but the last few designs have been pretty cool!


This week will be a lot more time spent on my non-musical keyboard (the one that's connected to this poor computer) completing the transfer all the stuff from the old website to the new while working on new content.  Friday will be a video recording and photo session for the new jazz group.

That all said, I leave you with these videos from yet another DC-based jazz-fusion group I've been playing with and a video from one of my old tunes I haven't recorded for my website.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment