Wednesday, January 16, 2013

TUTORIAL: Flamenco-style drumming (part 1)




Long before the likes of Michael Hedges, Preston Reed, and other guitar greats, flamenco guitarists were using the body of the guitar as a drum. When I started getting into acoustic-percussive guitar, Edina's videos helped me make the transition, so here I am sharing them with you! I teach these techniques during my percussive guitar workshops because it's relatively simple, doesn't require any new gear, and can easily be integrated to songs you already play.


These are the chords she's using:

| Am /// | E /// | F /// | G / F / | Am /// |

And the tabs in the order of appearance:

o -- 0 -- 0 -- 1 -- 3 -- 
o -- 1 -- 0 -- 1 -- 3 -- 
o -- 2 -- 1 -- 2 -- 4 -- 
o -- 2 -- 2 -- 3 -- 5 -- 
o -- 0 -- 2 -- 3 -- 5 -- 
o -- x -- 0 -- 1 -- 3 --


Feeling inspired? Want to share the fruits of your hard labor? Drop me a line on Facebook and share a video, SoundCloud, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment