Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Nam @ NAMM 2012 (Part 2)

It's impossible to really convey all the music-related goodies on display at the NAMM show. If I stopped to take a picture of everything that looked interesting, I never would have made my way around the convention center. It took me a while to "get" the layout, but by Day 3, I had a pretty good idea of where everything was. 




There was so much going on all the time, so many incredible musicians strutting their stuff. It ultimately made it difficult for any given stand to, er, stand out. Unfortunately, that also made many of the acoustic instruments difficult to listen to when I tried them out. Sometimes, a stand would have featured performer who would have the benefit of being amplified, but for the everyday attendee, a given instrument was seldom given its due auditory due.




Of course, it wasn't all pick-up-and-play items. There were plenty of things on display that were not for any mortal to touch. Then again, I got to play on a $15k guitar which is pretty darn cool. More on that in a later post.




Aaaaannnnndddddd shiny ...





In the next part, I'll post some pictures of some very cool people I got to meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment